Community-led endowment supports high school graduates’ post-secondary aspirations
Holdingford, Minn. (May 26, 2020) – The Holdingford Scholarship Endowment announced that it has awarded 15 graduating seniors $500 scholarships for their continued education.
Scholarships are awarded based on the applicant’s school and community involvement, leadership skills, and post-secondary education plans. The recipients and their post-secondary schools are:
- Caleb Czeck, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Jake Ethen, St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Grace Gerads, Mayville State
- Megan Hartung, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Amelia Kahlhamer, College of St. Benedict
- Taylor Leenerts, North Central University
- Kayla Meyer, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Michael Miller, NDSCS
- Jordyn Patrick, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Rhiannon Ritzer, St. Cloud State University
- Austin Supan, St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Lauren Vouk, Concordia College
- Aaron Welle, St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Christian Willoughby, North Dakota State University
- Cole Wunderlich, St. Cloud Technical and Community College
“It was a tough end of the year for a lot of our graduating seniors because of COVID-19, so we’re happy to support their education goals with these scholarships,” said Kelly Boeckermann, chair of the Holdingford Scholarship Endowment advisory board. “We’re grateful for the generous support of the community, area businesses and the Holdingford alumni that have allowed us to consistently make these awards for the past seven years.”
The Holdingford Scholarship Endowment aims to eventually award every qualified graduate with a scholarship for their future education. Led by a board of dedicated community members and Holdingford High School alumni, the Endowment raises funds and pays out a portion of the invested funds in scholarships each year.
About The Holdingford Scholarship Endowment
Created by community members and Holdingford High School alumni in 2013, the vision of the Holdingford Scholarship Endowment is to provide a scholarship for every student graduating from Holdingford High School. The Endowment is a Partner Fund of the Initiative Foundation, led by an advisory board of volunteers who ensure a permanent, self-sustaining source of support for graduates. Funds are raised through events and individual, business, and organizational donations. To learn more or to make a donation, visit http://holdingfordscholarship.org/.